Thursday, May 18, 2006

Worrying at 2 am

I woke up early, early this morning to worry. I am worrying about what is going on in Indonesia and how difficult it is to assess the situation. I hope the Indonesian I know at work will be there on Friday night, so she can help me look at some of the local newspapers and hopefully figure out what is going on. I keep looking at the WHO website, thinking that they should have an Indonesia update, but so far, none.

The thing I am primarily concerned about is the report about health care worker(s) becoming ill after caring for the dying patients with H5N1. I have seen reports of from one to five health care workers ill. I saw a report that one just had a regular case of the flu. If health care workers are truly contracting the disease, it would mean human to human transmission (unless they are caring for sick poultry too!).

The website http://www.avianflutalk.com has running commentary on Indonesia and other potential hotspots. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home