Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Acceptance is the Key



The avian flu virus (H5N1) pictured on the right is currently affecting birds and other wildlife in many parts of the world. No confirmed cases have been seen in the United States or Canada. However, wild bird migration this spring will probably bring the disease home. It still is not a human disease, only a bird virus. If the avian flu comes to my homestate of California, plans are in place to deal with it. The states have been mandated to come up with plans to deal with this crisis and you can find information on your own states plan at the department of public health for your state.

I need to go to work tonight (12 hour shift at a local hospital critical care unit). One thing I plan to do this week is find out what my employers plans are for the possible (likely) pandemic. Do they have drugs for us health care providers to take, is there food and water stored, etc. Bad answers could lead me to want to stay home in my house where I have prepared some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home